BIC J38 Electronic lighter ignites up to a maximum of approximately 1,800 times(1) thanks to its special design that includes among others:
- The right balance between the life of the piezoelectric ceramic and the energy level of the piezoelectric mechanism for a more than sufficient number of ignitions relative to the gas level in the reservoir.
- A minimum capacity of approximately 2.6 g of gas made possible by careful design of the body and the use of an engineering resin for said body.
- A maximum capacity of gas corresponding to roughly 2.9 g of gas corresponding to a volumetric displacement of 82% (2).
(1) Ignition = flame height of 25mm and duration of 1.3 s under normal conditions of temperature and pressure.
(2) The ISO 9994 standard requires that volumetric displacement not exceed 85%